The WVPRC has recently been working to develop a Youth and Community Engagement (YCE) Lab with the help of Erin Hudnall, the YCE Lab Manager.
One of the main goals of the YCE ab is to convene a Youth Advisory Board that will be a youth-owned space for positive youth development. Currently the plan is to convene a full board next year but would like to pilot ideas with a small group of young people who can lead the creation of the youth-owned space. We are calling this the "Pilot Youth Advisory Board."
The age range is 13-22 years old and will be meeting virtually, so young people from across the state are able to participate.
There are currently resources to support a pilot group of about 6-10 young people. Any young person applying but not selected during this round will be welcome to re-apply when a full board is convened next year (20-25 young people).
Please find information about the application process below. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
This experience would be especially relevant for young people with interests in or considering careers in any health field.
Online Application Instructions and Details:
- The application will close on August 18th at 5:00 PM; invitations to the Board will be made in mid-September
- The YAB is meant for those aged 13-22 years
- Click the link or copy and paste the URL into your web browser to access the online application: https://redcap.wvctsi.org/redcap/surveys/?s=FTERK7RHE8
- The young person interested in serving on YAB will fill out the first section of the application; if the young person is 17 or younger, a parent or guardian will be required to fill out the second section of the application
- If you want to enable the text-to-speech function where application questions are read aloud by the computer, you can access this function in the top, right-hand corner of the application; you can also increase and decrease the size of the text for readability next to the "speech" function
Please refer any questions to Erin Hudnall (firstname.lastname@example.org)