Delta Omega is requesting undergraduate, MPH, MS and PhD Public Health students to apply for opening leadership opportunities in its Gamma Mu Chapter. Open positions include secretary/treasurer, vice president of communications and vice president of scholarship and outreach. If interested, please submit the application form and materials via email to Delta Omega Honor Society, Gamma Mu Chapter. Deadline: April 24, 2020.
Vice President of Communications
- Maintaining all social media accounts and communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), developing and submitting e-news communications, photographing events, liaise with the School of Public Health communications specialist to promote Delta Omega (e.g. events, website updates, etc.)
- Creating images to promote community service events and other DO opportunities/activities, promote and increase social media influence
Vice President of Scholarship & Outreach
- The Scholarship & Outreach Committee is responsible for the promotion of academic research and achievement for the Gamma Mu Chapter of Delta Omega. In addition, this committee facilitates engagement with WVU Delta Omega alumni.
- The Scholarship component is carried out by partnering with others in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences Center for the Dean's Colloquium Series and the annual Van Liere Research Conference, respectively.
- For Outreach, this committee maintains and updates the alumni directory. We share information and opportunities for involvement with the Gamma Mu Chapter with the current School of Public Health students and alumni.
- Responsible for taking notes
- Tracks budget, expenses, and helps create fundraising opportunities.
The Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health was founded in 1924 at Johns Hopkins University. At the time, public health as a profession was still in its infancy and, prior to the establishment of university-based education in public health, entrance into the field had been largely through practical experience and political favor. To promote the graduate study of the field, this honorary society was organized in order to recognize outstanding achievement in the new field.